“There is so much good about TIN. Taking time to think about life each day. Being creative. Sharing.” — Anne E-L, T.I.N. community member
This is where we do our best to answer all your burning questions.
What do I need to get started with T.I.N.?
All you need is some paper and something to write/draw with. You can grab a notebook, a watercolor sketchbook, or just some plain paper. We like to use pencils, colored pens or pencils, watercolor paints, and black ink pens. It’s completely up to you!
How do I create a T.I.N. post?
First, go forth and notice something (anything!). Then, record what you noticed in your sketchbook or on a piece of paper. After you’ve written down your observation, you can choose to sketch, paint, color, or otherwise illustrate** your T.I.N. Just remember to start each post with these three magic words: Today I noticed …
** We don’t allow photographs on Today I Noticed (except for the photo you take of your T.I.N. observation, of course). Save your amazing photos for Instagram!
How do I register?
Before you can post your T.I.N. you need to join our community. It’s quick and easy:
- Hop on over to the Login/Register page (link also in the menu bar.)
- Click the Register tab. Enter a username, your email, and a password, and then click Sign Up.
- That’s it! You’re registered, logged in, and ready to post.
If you have problems registering, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to help you out.
How do I post my T.I.N. to the site?
Posting is quick and easy.
- Use your phone to take a photo of your T.I.N.
- From your phone (not your desktop), crop, enhance, or edit the photo as needed.
- Once you’re registered and logged in, click Post Your T.I.N. in the main menu.
- Give your post a title, click Choose File, and then select Photo Library.
- Select your T.I.N. photo from your camera roll, and then hit Submit Post. (If the thumbnail image displays sideways, don’t worry. It should post vertically on the home page.)
- Your T.I.N. will be shared immediately on the home page. Yay!
If you have any problems posting, please send us a note at email@example.com. We’ll be happy to help you out.
- We recommend shooting vertically (portrait) rather than horizontally (landscape).
- Shoot your T.I.N. in natural, indirect light to avoid glare on your page. Try setting up your sketchbook on the floor in front of a window or glass door.
What if I’m feeling nervous about sharing my T.I.N.?
We get it — and you
A T.I.N. Challenge is a perfect way to get motivated and inspired to start your T.I.N. journey (plus — prizes!). Stay tuned for details about our next challenge.
What if I upload my post and then decide I don’t like it?
If for any reason you’re not happy with your T.I.N. post, just email us (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we’ll take it down.